The Travelling Teapot

The Travelling Teapot
,

Melbourne Time

The Travelling Teapot

Hello,

I love travelling and hope to share with you some of the places I have visited. I called my blog "The Travelling Teapot" because I like travelling around, and every time I go away somewhere, the first thing I do when I arrive at my destination is have a nice hot cup of tea!

Clcik on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Darwin 2006 - Galleries & Gardens

Monday 19th June 2006

After a late start to the day, I did a sightseeing tour with AAT Kings at 2.00PM.


One of the places we visited was the Museum & Art Gallery of the Northern Territory which is located at 19 Conacher Street Bullocky Point Fannie Bay, and set in a tropical garden on Darwin Harbour.

Darwin Harbour












I felt privileged to see paintings by Albert Namatjira - one of Australia's great artists, and perhaps the best known Aboriginal painter.



Above: "Ghost Gums" by Albert Namatjira


Towards the end of the tour, we stopped at the Botanic Gardens which has, among other things, this beautiful fountain. It gets switched off at 5.00PM and we were lucky enough to arrive in time.

Fountain at George Brown Botanic Gardens






Location Details - Museum & Art Gallery


View Larger Map

No comments: