The Travelling Teapot

The Travelling Teapot
,

Melbourne Time

The Travelling Teapot

Hello,

I love travelling and hope to share with you some of the places I have visited. I called my blog "The Travelling Teapot" because I like travelling around, and every time I go away somewhere, the first thing I do when I arrive at my destination is have a nice hot cup of tea!

Clcik on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Friday, July 31, 2009

Mindil Market

Playing the didgeridoo.

Above: Playing the didgeridoo.

The Mindil Beach Sunset Market is a Darwin institution. Held every Thursday and Sunday from May to October there are many stalls offerning food, arts, crafts and entertaiment. Try some of the international cuisine - Turkish, Greek, South American, Sri Lanka, North African and many others. Or perhaps pack a picnic and sit on the beach watching the sunset.


Above: Chinese Violin player.

Stroll among the tarot card readers, leatherworkers, jewellers and artists. Listen to the free live street theatre, magicians and buskers. The young man in the first photo was giving a didgeredoo demonstration, while in the second, is a Chinese violin player.

No comments: