The Travelling Teapot

The Travelling Teapot
,

Melbourne Time

The Travelling Teapot

Hello,

I love travelling and hope to share with you some of the places I have visited. I called my blog "The Travelling Teapot" because I like travelling around, and every time I go away somewhere, the first thing I do when I arrive at my destination is have a nice hot cup of tea!

Clcik on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kek Lok Si Temple

 
This lovely pagoda is part of the Kek Lok Si Temple in Penang. The base is inset in a lotus flower and there is a buddha in each window. I was fortunate to be there while the Chinese New Year decorations were still up - don't they add a festive colour?
The temple consists of prayer halls, temples, monasteries and lovely landscaped gardens.
Kek Lok Si means Temple of Supreme Bliss and is the largest temple in Penang and the most well known.
Overlooking the town of Ayer Itam, the temple is set in a hillside and you get maginficent views of surrounding areas and Georgetown.

No comments: